Conveniently located to serve Niagara Falls and Buffalo NY
Also known as tummy tuck
Tummy-tuck surgery or abdominoplasty, can flatten your abdomen by removing loose, excess fat and skin and tightening muscles in the abdominal wall. It can also remove some if not all of the stretch marks in your lower abdomen. It is popular following pregnancy, massive weight loss or whenever a flabby abdomen with weak muscles impairs body contour. Most patients report improved self-esteem as a result of this procedure.
When to Consider a Tummy Tuck
- If you’ve got flab, stretch marks or excess skin in your abdomen that does not improve with diet or exercise.
- If the shape of your abdomen has been affected by pregnancy or massive weight loss.
- If you feel that your protruding abdomen is unattractive.
- If your self-confidence is marred by your stomach contour.
Many people who consider a tummy tuck also consider liposuction and a lower body lift.
Amazing staff! Dr. Perry was amazing also and took all the time I wanted and didn’t rush me with my questions. Highly recommend!
- Tummy-tuck surgery will restore a flat tummy.
- You will look better in clothes and swimwear.
- You will have a more youthful-looking body.
- You will have a scar (located in the bikini area).
- Another pregnancy may influence surgery results, so it is best to wait until you’ve finished having children before undergoing this procedure.
- Weight gain following abdominoplasty may negatively affect your surgery results.
These are the top three pros and cons to weigh when considering a tummy tuck. If you want to focus on what is unique to you, please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon.
Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck?
There comes a time when you realize that efforts at dieting and exercise are yielding lower numbers on your bathroom scale but not changing the appearance of your sagging and protruding abdomen. The following are some common reasons why you may want to consider a tummy tuck:
- Aging, heredity, pregnancy, prior surgery or weight fluctuations have left you with extra skin on your abdomen, abdominal muscle weakness, or both.
- You do not smoke. Smoking slows down the healing process and increases the risk of serious complications during and after surgery. If you smoke, you must quit at least six weeks before surgery.
- Your weight is stable. Slender individuals with extra fat and loose skin in the lower tummy are the best candidates; if you are generally obese, this procedure is not appropriate for you.
“A consultation for aesthetic surgery is truly a meeting of the minds — the development of a connection between patient and surgeon. Your job is to tell us what you want; our job is to tell you what’s possible, reasonable, and, above all, safe.
We are privileged to have an outstanding team of medical professionals who are caring, exceptionally talented, and driven to help you look and feel your very best.”
– Robert J. Perry, MD FACS
- If you have a significant amount of intra-abdominal fat surrounding your internal organs, you may need to slim down before considering a tummy tuck.
- You are physically healthy. You must be in relatively good physical shape to tolerate this procedure.
- You are finished having children. The muscles that are repaired during an abdominoplasty can separate again during future pregnancy.
- Internal or external scars from any previous abdominal surgery may also affect your candidacy.
If you are in good general health, have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure.
Your abdominoplasty will be performed in Dr. Perry’s surgery center located in Niagara Falls, NY.