Conveniently located to serve Niagara Falls and Buffalo NY
Also known as brachioplasty
An upper arm lift, or brachioplasty, reshapes the upper arm to tighten loose skin and remove fat that often creates a “bat wing” appearance under the arm. Removing the excess skin caused by weight loss or natural aging can tighten loose skin that extends from the underarm area to the elbow; liposuction is sometimes used in combination to achieve the best results. Every year, thousands of people undergo successful upper-arm-lift surgery and are pleased with the results.
When to Consider an Upper Arm Lift
- If your weight is normal, but you feel your shape is marred by underarm laxity.
- If you have lost a massive amount of weight and are left with excess upper-arm skin and fat that may resemble bat wings.
- If you are willing to accept a scar in exchange for shapelier arms.
Many people who consider an upper arm lift also consider liposuction, a thigh lift, a tummy tuck or mommy makeover.
Wonderful caring staff. Excellent treatment. They calmed any worries I had and answered all my questions. I highly recommend.
- You will look much better in form-fitting clothes.
- You will have increased confidence and a better self-image.
- You will have visible scars along the insides of your arms, extending from the armpit to the elbow.
- If your sagging under arm skin is not excessive, an upper arm lift may not be worth the resulting scars (in this case, consider limited-incision brachioplasty or liposuction).
These are the top two pros and cons to weigh when considering an upper arm lift. If you want to focus on what is unique to you, please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon.
Am I a good candidate for an upper arm lift?
After losing a significant amount of weight and embarking on a program of vigorous exercise, you may find that you still have loose, hanging underarm skin that resembles bat wings. Although you can improve your upper-arm appearance with exercise, this redundant underarm skin remains a problem that does not improve with exercise. The following are some common reasons why you may want to consider an upper arm lift:
- You have lost the weight you desire, but are left with redundant underarm skin.
- You are an adult with significant upper arm skin laxity due to aging.
- Your weight is relatively stable and you are not significantly overweight.
“A consultation for aesthetic surgery is truly a meeting of the minds — the development of a connection between patient and surgeon. Your job is to tell us what you want; our job is to tell you what’s possible, reasonable, and, above all, safe.
We are privileged to have an outstanding team of medical professionals who are caring, exceptionally talented, and driven to help you look and feel your very best.”
– Robert J. Perry, MD FACS
- You are a healthy individual with no medical conditions that could impair healing or increase surgery risks.
- You are a nonsmoker.
- You are committed to a healthy diet and lifestyle.
If you are in good general health, have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure.
Your arm lift will be performed in Dr. Perry’s surgery center located in Niagara Falls, NY.