Lip Augmentation or Lip Injection
Conveniently located to serve Niagara Falls and Buffalo NY
Also known as lip injections and lip augmentation
Having full, plump lips is often considered a sign of good health, beauty and youth. Whether you were born with thin lips or your lips are thinning due to the natural aging process, there are many ways to enhance them. Lip injections using natural or synthetic fillers can keep your lips plump for months at a time. Lip implants and other surgical procedures can also be performed for a more permanent solution. Other options include lip lifts, vermillion (lip) advancement and permanent makeup. Every year, thousands of people undergo successful lip enhancement and are pleased with the results.
When to Consider Lip Enhancement
- Your lips have always been thin and disappears when you smile
- As you age, your lips have become thinner and less full
- You feel self-conscious about how your lips look
- Having fuller lips will help balance out your face
Many people who consider lip enhancement also consider fillers or facial implants.
- Some lip injections are temporary and can be modified to your preference
- Implants and surgical enhancement provide a permanent solution
- Quick one-day recovery for injections and a week for most lip surgery
- Temporary fillers will require injections every few months
- Lip asymmetry is a possibility
- Removal of implants is difficult
These are the top three pros and cons to weigh when considering lip enhancement. If you want to focus on what is unique to you, please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon.
Am I a good candidate for a lip enhancement?
The following are some common reasons why you may want to consider lip enhancement:
- Good candidates for lip enhancement want to plump up thin lips or create a fuller look. If you smile and your top lip or both lips disappear, you may benefit from lip augmentation.
- Some techniques can improve uneven lips, the shape of your mouth and gum-show when you smile.
- On the other hand, if your lips are too large and overwhelm your face, speak to your plastic surgeon about lip reduction surgery.
If you are in good general health, have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure.
“A consultation for aesthetic surgery is truly a meeting of the minds — the development of a connection between patient and surgeon. Your job is to tell us what you want; our job is to tell you what’s possible, reasonable, and, above all, safe.
We are privileged to have an outstanding team of medical professionals who are caring, exceptionally talented, and driven to help you look and feel your very best.”
– Robert J. Perry, MD FACS
Your lip enhancement will be performed at an accredited hospital-based or free-standing ambulatory surgery center.