Conveniently located to serve Niagara Falls and Buffalo NY
Also known as rhinoplasty, nose reshaping or nose job
When to Consider Nose Surgery
- If you are unhappy with the shape, size or angle of your nose
- If your nose is too large, too small or not in proportion to the rest of your face
- If you have breathing problems resulting from irregularities inside your nose
- If you have a nasal hump or a nasal tip that is drooping, too elevated or wide
Many people who consider a rhinoplasty also consider chin augmentation, brow lift or eyelid surgery.
- The shape, angle and size of your nose will be improved
- Structural problems that restrict breathing and cause congestion can be corrected
- Rhinoplasty can have a significant impact on your self-image and self-confidence
- Depending on the type of surgery, you may develop scars at the base of your nose
- You may have skin problems or breakdown of skin tissue associated with the use of grafting materials
- It will take time to adjust to your new look
These are the top three pros and cons to weigh when considering nose surgery. If you want to focus on what is unique to you, please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon.
Am I a good candidate for nose surgery?
The following are some common reasons why you may want to consider rhinoplasty:
- Your nose is too large or too small
- Your nose does not seem to fit with the rest of your face
- Your nose is crooked, badly shaped, or out of alignment
- You have nasal blockage inside your nose and have trouble breathing
- You have a birth defect that you would like improved
- You would like improvement, not perfection, in the appearance of your nose
If you are in good general health, have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure.
“A consultation for aesthetic surgery is truly a meeting of the minds — the development of a connection between patient and surgeon. Your job is to tell us what you want; our job is to tell you what’s possible, reasonable, and, above all, safe.
We are privileged to have an outstanding team of medical professionals who are caring, exceptionally talented, and driven to help you look and feel your very best.”
– Robert J. Perry, MD FACS
Your nose surgery (Rhinoplasty/Septoplasty) will be performed at an accredited hospital-based or free-standing ambulatory surgery center.