Conveniently located to serve Niagara Falls and Buffalo NY
Botox® Cosmetic for Wrinkle Reduction
Botulinum toxin (Type A) or Botox® is a cosmetic injection that blocks the nerve signals that cause muscles to contract. This effect relaxes and smooths the look of lines and wrinkles caused by repetitive movements on the face—most commonly, between the brows, crows-feet around the eyes, and horizontal forehead creases. Botulinum toxin is also used cosmetically to balance facial asymmetry and relax tight neck bands, as well as medically to reduce perspiration and to treat migraine headaches and muscle spasticity.
When to Consider Botulinum Toxin
- Deep lines between your eyes make you look tired, angry, sad, or upset.
- Your facial expressions cause wrinkles in and around your eyes and forehead.
- There is asymmetry in your eyebrows or face that can be corrected by relaxing a muscle.
- Injections are relatively painless and carry a low risk, with little-to-no downtime.
- Can help you appear less angry and more approachable
- Make subtle changes that give you a refreshed or well-rested look
- Effects of injections will only last three to six months
- Risk of eyebrow distortion or droopy eyelid
- If area to be injected is sensitive, bruising may occur
These are the top three pros and cons to weigh when considering botulinum toxin. If you wish to focus on what is unique to you, please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon.
Am I a good candidate for botulinum toxin injections?
You may consider botulinum toxin injections for cosmetic reasons if you are developing lines and wrinkles on your face due to common facial movements. Depending on genetics, lines can appear on the face as early as your late twenties to as late as your early forties. If you are prone to developing lines and to making facial expressions that lead to wrinkles, your plastic surgeon may also recommend using botulinum toxin as a preventative measure.
Certain wrinkles or creases in the face caused by the weakening or sinking of the soft tissue, such as the nasolabial folds, which extend from the sides of the nose to the corners of the mouth, are generally best treated with fillers, fat grafts or surgery (although occasionally Botox is used to soften or partially improve them).
“A consultation for aesthetic surgery is truly a meeting of the minds — the development of a connection between patient and surgeon. Your job is to tell us what you want; our job is to tell you what’s possible, reasonable, and, above all, safe.
We are privileged to have an outstanding team of medical professionals who are caring, exceptionally talented, and driven to help you look and feel your very best.”
– Robert J. Perry, MD FACS
If you are in good general health, have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure.
Whether you need a subtle improvement in facial support as tissues succumb to gravity, or a natural enhancement as lips thin out with time, Buffalo Niagara Plastic Surgery has a selection of fillers performed as as in-office procedure.
- Autologous Fat, using your own fat for filler (in hospital for your safety)
- Belotero®, great for perioral vertical lines (smoker’s lines)
- Juvéderm®Ultra for facial structure and nasolabial folds (those parentheses)
- Juvéderm® Ultra Plus, especially effective for cheek bones and chin enhancement
- Restylane®, for lip definition and tear-trough injections
- Restylane® Silk, a newer product for lip volume
- Voluma®, a solution for hollow cheeks
Your Botox® & Injectable Fillers will be performed in Dr. Perry‘s office located at the Summit Healthplex in Niagara Falls, NY.