Eye Lift or Blepharoplasty Procedure
Conveniently located to serve Niagara Falls and Buffalo NY
Also known as eye lift or blepharoplasty
When to Consider Eyelid Surgery
- If you have excess, hanging skin covering the natural fold of the upper eyelids
- If you have loose skin hanging down from the upper eyelids over the eyelashes
- If your upper and lower eyelids appear puffy, making your eyes look tired and aged
- If you have deep grooves under your eyes
- You will eliminate the puffiness and bags under your lower lids and the hooded skin on your upper lids, making you appear younger and healthier.
- You may no longer have vision problems related to overhanging eyelids.
- Any scars from the eye lift will be hidden in your natural eyelid creases, making them almost indiscernible.
- It will take time to see results after surgery.
- You’ll likely be bruised and swollen and your eyes may be itchy and dry following the procedure.
- If your eyebrows droop and you have creases in your forehead, you may also need a brow lift.
These are the top three pros and cons to weigh when considering eyelid surgery. If you want to focus on what is unique to you, please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon.
Am I a good candidate for eyelid surgery?
The following are some common reasons why you may want to consider eyelid surgery:
- You have excess skin obscuring the natural fold of the upper eyelids
- You have loose upper eyelid skin that impairs your vision
- You have a puffy appearance to the upper eyelids, making your eyes look tired and sad
- You have excess skin and fine, ‘crepe paper’ type lower eyelid wrinkles
- You have bags and dark circles under the eyes
- You have lost the almond shape of your eyes, and they appear too small and round
If you are in good general health, have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure.
“A consultation for aesthetic surgery is truly a meeting of the minds — the development of a connection between patient and surgeon. Your job is to tell us what you want; our job is to tell you what’s possible, reasonable, and, above all, safe.
We are privileged to have an outstanding team of medical professionals who are caring, exceptionally talented, and driven to help you look and feel your very best.”
– Robert J. Perry, MD FACS
Your eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty) will be performed at an accredited hospital-based or free-standing ambulatory surgery center.