Conveniently located to serve Niagara Falls and Buffalo NY
A brow lift or forehead lift reverses the effects of gravity and tightens the soft tissues of the forehead to restore a more youthful contour to your forehead skin, upper eyelids and eyebrows. There are various brow-lift methods, which involve different length incisions in different locations. A youthful brow at rest is positioned above the orbital rim, with a gradual arch laterally, and the lateral end or ‘tail’ of the brow located higher than the medial end. As one ages, it is common for the brow to assume a flat or horizontal position. If a sagging brow inhibits your facial expression, a brow lift is a time-tested method for rejuvenating the upper third of your face. Every year, thousands of people undergo successful brow-lift surgery and are pleased with the results.
When to Consider a Brow Lift
Sagging or low eyebrow position creates a tired, sad or grumpy appearanceYou have deep horizontal creases across the foreheadYou have frown lines or furrows between the eyebrows or across the top of your noseYou have excess skin hanging over your eyes
- Repositions a low or sagging brow that hangs over the upper eyelid
- Raises the eyebrows to a more alert and youthful position
- Makes you look happier, friendlier and more approachable
- Recommendations for surgery are dependent on hairline location, especially in men.
- Choice of brow-lift technique is very important to outcome, so this procedure is very clinician dependent.
- You may also need blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), as a forehead lift does not fully correct excess upper eyelid skin
These are the top three pros and cons to weigh when considering a brow lift. If you want to focus on what is unique to you, please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon.
Am I a Good Candidate?
The following are some common reasons why you may want to consider a brow lift:
- The outside of your brow sags, resulting in a sad expression.
- The central portion of your brow hangs down, making you look angry
- If you are a female and you are unable to apply makeup on the upper eyelid, because the surface area has been obscured by drooping tissues as you have aged.
- If you gently lift the skin above your eyebrow into a pleasing position and it eliminates most of the excess skin in your upper eyelid, a brow lift may be right for you.
“A consultation for aesthetic surgery is truly a meeting of the minds — the development of a connection between patient and surgeon. Your job is to tell us what you want; our job is to tell you what’s possible, reasonable, and, above all, safe.
We are privileged to have an outstanding team of medical professionals who are caring, exceptionally talented, and driven to help you look and feel your very best.”
– Robert J. Perry, MD FACS
Your brow lift will be performed at an accredited hospital-based or free-standing ambulatory surgery center.