Lipoplasty Procedure at Niagara Falls
Conveniently located to serve Niagara Falls and Buffalo NY
Also known as lipoplasty and suction-assisted lipectomy (SAL)
Liposuction surgery sculpts your body, eliminating unwanted pockets of exercise and diet-resistant fat from the buttocks, hips, love handles, saddlebags, thighs, calves, ankles, breasts (including male breasts), back, arms and neck. Liposuction is often combined with other procedures to create a desired shape and is one of the safest and most popular cosmetic procedures.
When to Consider Liposuction
- If you have localized areas of fat deposits that are disproportionate with the rest of your body.
- If you would like more definition or a sleeker contour in certain areas of your body.
- If your skin elasticity is good (Liposuction removes fat, but does not tighten skin).
Many people who consider liposuction also consider a tummy tuck, or a mommy makeover
- Will make your clothes fit better and your body appear slimmer.
- Uses small incisions, which result in smaller scars than open body contouring procedures.
- Down time is significantly less than similar open body-contouring procedures.
- Results may be affected by weight gain, aging and pregnancy.
- Liposuction is not meant to improve the look of cellulite or loose skin.
- You may need to lose weight to be a better candidate for liposuction.
These are the top three pros and cons to weigh when considering liposuction. If you want to focus on those specifically unique to you, please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon.
Am I a good candidate for liposuction?
For certain individuals, diet and exercise will never get rid of stubborn pockets of fat. The following are some common reasons why you may want to consider liposuction:
- You have a minimal amount of excess skin and good skin elasticity. Loss of skin elasticity with age can compromise liposuction results, but if your skin maintains elasticity, age alone is not a contraindication for liposuction surgery.
- You have localized deposits of fat in your abdomen, arms, thighs and/or neck, which may be the result of heredity and do not disappear with exercise and diet.
- You are physically fit, no more than 20 pounds overweight, and your weight is stable. If you are planning to lose a significant amount of weight or even gain weight (for example, due to pregnancy), this is not the time to undergo liposuction.
- Keep in mind that liposuction does not remove cellulite and cannot tighten loose skin. Your surgeon will be able to recommend other procedures to improve those conditions.
“A consultation for aesthetic surgery is truly a meeting of the minds — the development of a connection between patient and surgeon. Your job is to tell us what you want; our job is to tell you what’s possible, reasonable, and, above all, safe.
We are privileged to have an outstanding team of medical professionals who are caring, exceptionally talented, and driven to help you look and feel your very best.”
– Robert J. Perry, MD FACS
If you are in good general health and have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure.
Your liposuction will be performed at an accredited hospital-based or free-standing ambulatory surgery center.