Conveniently located to serve Niagara Falls and Buffalo NY
Also known as rhytidectomy
A facelift is the most comprehensive approach to treating facial wrinkles and sagging caused by aging. The surgery varies in range from minimally invasive ‘lunchtime lifts’ to more extensive, sophisticated surgery. A facelift removes excess skin, tightens underlying tissues and muscle and redrapes skin on the face and neck. It can correct midface sagging, marionette lines, jowls and a double chin, maintaining its reputation as the ‘gold standard’ for facial rejuvenation. Every year, thousands of people undergo successful facelift surgery and are pleased with the results.
When to Consider a Facelift
- If you feel that your face does not reflect your youthful spirit and energy level
- If you determine that your facial sagging and excess skin is a social or career obstacle
- If you show signs of facial aging but still have some skin elasticity
- One day you look in the mirror and realize that time, gravity, sun exposure and heredity have taken a toll and you simply do not look like yourself any more.
Amazing staff! Dr. Perry was amazing also and took all the time I wanted and didn’t rush me with my questions. Highly recommend!
- A facelift can improve many areas of the face in one surgery
- Can last for ten years or more and can make you appear ten to fifteen years younger
- Can recontour the neck and jawline better than all other techniques
- A facelift will not create a ‘new’ you, just a younger version of yourself
- There will be some downtime associated with this procedure
- Depending on your age and skin type, you may want a secondary procedure later on
These are the top three pros and cons to weigh when considering a facelift. If you want to focus on what is unique to you, please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon.
Am I a good candidate for a facelift?
The following are some common facial characteristics that make you an appropriate candidate for a facelift:
- Sagging skin in your midface and/or jawline
- Deep creases extending from your nose to the corners of your mouth (nasolabial folds)
- Lines extending from each corner of your mouth down your chin (marionette lines)
- Facial fat (volume) that has fallen or is displaced
- Sagging and loss of muscle tone in the lower face, resulting in jowls
- A double chin, resulting from loose skin and excess fatty deposits under the chin and jaw
- Creased and sagging skin in your neck
If you are in good general health, have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure.
“A consultation for aesthetic surgery is truly a meeting of the minds — the development of a connection between patient and surgeon. Your job is to tell us what you want; our job is to tell you what’s possible, reasonable, and, above all, safe.
We are privileged to have an outstanding team of medical professionals who are caring, exceptionally talented, and driven to help you look and feel your very best.”
– Robert J. Perry, MD FACS
Your facelift & neck lift will be performed in Dr. Perry’s surgery center located in Niagara Falls, NY.